Friday, January 2, 2015

20 Weeks- The Details

Welcome back to my little corner. :) I hope that your holidays were filled with magic and cheer and wonderment...okay let's cut the crap. It was probably filled with rushed shopping, inappropriate family moments, and dirty santa suits. But somehow, underneath the glow of the christmas tree, it all seems magical. Or it could be the spiked eggnog. I guess we'll never know. Well enough talk about you, let's get back to me.

For those of you (like my husband) who like the details, these are the posts for you. This kind of thing is extremely boring to me, but I will give the people what they want! Now that we have gotten through the holidays, these will be updated weekly. I will also be throwing in random blogs about random things. Those are for the right brained people, like myself. :) I will write as the feeling strikes. Stay tuned, I am currently working on one. Without further ado, here is the update.

How far along? 20 Weeks! Half-way there. Hard to believe.
Total weight gain/loss: Well this has been a hard area. In the name of transparency I will say I am up only a few pounds. Appointment on Tuesday to see if something needs to be done.
Maternity clothes? Do I have them? Nope. Do I need them? Yes. So far I am getting by with a belly band. But I am down to about 3 shirts and 2 pants that fit. 
Stretch marks? None so far! YAY!
Best moment this week: Ringing in the new year. :)
Miss anything: Mountain Biking and snowboarding. What I wouldn't give!
Movement: I can feel movement!! I actually saw my belly move just ever so slightly a few days ago. I asked Clay to come and look, but apparently I have superman vision. He said he couldn't see anything.
Food cravings: Fruit. Any kind, and all the time.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Pretty much everything. Especially meat. 
Have you started to show yet: Yes! It varies depending on how bloated I am. Sometimes I look giant, other times I have just a tiny bump.
Gender: Still holding strong on this one. Although, I have a fairly strong feeling that we are having a baby boy!
Belly Button in or out? In! I know my aunt Sonda is just waiting for it to pop out.
Wedding rings on or off? On :)
Happy or Moody most of the time: As of 5 minutes ago, or right now?
Looking forward to: 3D Ultrasound! 
Baby is currently the size of: An artichoke


I took two pictures. One was fake smiling, this was the other.  I decided to show it how it was. This was a hard week!

Back to my smiling self. :)



And here is a photo dump and explanations of some fun things that have happened over the last couple of weeks.

This was a personal win for me. I labored over this thing to mail to my long lost favorites in New Zealand.  This was how I told them that we were expecting their first grandchild. <3 
This was how we told Clay's parents. Not as creative. We took them to Outback and just spilled the beans. Everyone within a five mile radius the waitress must have heard because she brought me some animal crackers. She told me those really helped with her morning sickness.
We wanted to take a pic of our cute onesie (thanks Katie!) so we trekked out to the canyon. I cannot tell you how good it felt to be in the woods again. My soul needed this. 
This is why I love him.
I got this picture at 3:00am on the 31st from my father. They were in Sydney, Australia ringing in the new year. What do you do when your father is cooler than you are? Shut off your phone because clearly you are sleeping.
Well apparently not that many things have happened. Oh except the most awesome Mother Blessing party in the history of mother blessing parties. I am going to go ahead and gamble that you have no idea what that is. Stay tuned. Until next time you Type A, left brain freaks! I love each and every one of you.

4 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! Love your baby bump :)

    When I was pregnant with Kason, even the sight of meat made me want to vomit! I survived off of fruit and crackers! Luckily that finally changed my third trimester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these details!!! I love that you told Clay's folks in public! So hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mckayla, You are so cute!! This is really awesome and entertaining and you are a good writer! Love reading this!

    ReplyDelete